Tuesday 28 January 2014

Valentines Wreath withTutorial








                                                       Welcome!

While in Michaels the other day I happened upon a Clover Pom Pom Maker.  I had seen these beautiful wreaths made of Pom Poms.......So  I had a 40% off coupon with me ..so why not.



So excited to have finally found one I set off to see what I could create..

I gathered my supplies:

a metal coat hanger






red yarn



a glue gun 





I'm using the 2/12" pom pom maker. The green one. Oh this is so easy to use.

To think all those years of making pom poms with yarn and cardboard are over........

First up I bent my coat hanger to size. About 7"







Then I sat diligently making 20 some pom poms.





Before I glued them on the hanger I tied each one on, that way I could see how many would fit so it was quite full.












Then came the gluing.



Once the glue had set I trimmed it up a little and then hung it.








         Stood back and admired  my newest creation!!!
                               
                           A Valentine Heart!!

My first wreath made with the Clover Pom Pom maker. 


                       Now you can make one too!!

                  As always thanks for coming by!

                               Linda

5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness Linda, I'm in the process of making one too! I thought the directions on the back of the clover pom pom maker was horrible. I had to go to U-tube and watch a video on how to use it....LOL! Your wreath is so pretty!! Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love how that turned out. I have been using the cardboard method too. I didn't know they sold pom pom makers now. Pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Love how these old-fashioned crafts are coming back. I have to admit that I don't usually do much for Valentine's Day other than a nice dinner for hubby. But all you creative bloggers are inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super! I saw these Pom Pom makers first the first time on a Christmas craft programme in December, so clever!

    ReplyDelete